Looking for a place to spread your wings and fly? Join our growing association management company as an association coordinator with emphasis on communications, events and administration in Alexandria, VA. (Combination of office/remote possible.)
Are you motivated, organized, a multi-tasker and team player? Do you like variety and working with more than one association? Then, this may be a great place for you!
This individual will be responsible for quality and timely implementation of programs and services provided by ASCENT Management, LLC, an association management company. Along with our team, you will be responsible for exemplary service, ensuring client satisfaction, and the achievement of associations' goals.
- Manage association's day-to-day operations.
- Work with executive director, board and committee leaders in all areas of association management.
- Prepare and execute project plans/timelines.
- Communications - including writing, creating messages for various channels: e-messages, website, social media, news outlets.
- Events - including e-marketing, speaker/sponsor management, logistics and registration for an annual conference and multiple day events per year.
- Work closely with sponsors and advertisers; ensuring they receive their benefits in a positive and timely manner.
- Association administration - proper execution of associations' Board meetings, including agenda preparation, gathering reports from committees and staff, attendance at the meetings, drafting minutes, and follow-through on action items.
- Coordinate between national association and chapters.
- Actively promote and market client association(s) in a way that demonstrates the value of membership.
- Stay informed of latest developments in the associations' field and association management; suggest strategies and tactics for association(s) to remain as the leading association in its field.
- Local travel and minimal long-distance travel required. Some early morning, evening/night and weekend events/activities are necessary, as that is the nature of associations.
- Bachelors degree preferred; will consider Associates degree with experience.
- Experience in marketing, communications and/or events - is a plus.
- Strong technology skills, and ability to learn new technology expected.
- Must be able to communicate in English verbally and in writing.