DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Were you born to close deals? Do you love networking and connecting with people? Do you possess an unwavering drive to succeed?
If you checked any or all of these boxes, it’s time to put your people skills to work at Comparion Insurance Agency, A Liberty Mutual Company, one of the leading property and casualty insurers in the country.
This internship is more than just about learning the ropes. The Sales in-person Internship at Liberty Mutual involves immersing yourself in a fast-paced and supportive environment where you’re encouraged to sharpen your selling skills.
As a Sales Intern, you’ll see business through the lens of a global Fortune 100 company as you grow your knowledge of insurance products, systems, business operations, and sales strategies.
You’ll grow sales through cold calling, observe and assist with sales events, develop sourcing strategies, and utilize CRM tools and systems to support marketing campaigns. You may even be asked to implement a social media strategy for sales reps.
Best of all, at the close of the internship, you may have the opportunity to explore a future career in sales at Comparion Insurance Agency, A Liberty Mutual Company.
What you’ve got
- You’re an undergrad working towards a Bachelor’s degree, graduating by December 2023/June 2024. Sales majors are preferred.
You hold a competitive cumulative GPA. Additional requirements might apply.
You’re organized, know how to manage your time, and know how to get results.
- You know how to build rapport with prospective and existing customers.
- You possess excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- You have prior experience in sales or client service environment.
HERE’S SOME OF WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO AS ONE OF OUR EMPLOYEES.
Competitive Compensation: Our compensation programs are designed to deliver above-market pay if you perform well, and significantly above that for exceptional performance over time. Virtually every employee is eligible for some type of variable incentive pay in addition to his or her base pay.
Flexible Work Arrangements: We understand the role work-life balance plays in your ability to stay energized and engaged. So we place an emphasis on regular hours, flex scheduling, and generous time off through paid holidays, vacation days, and more.
- Top-Notch Retirement Plans: Our pension plan provides a monthly credit equal to 5% of your eligible compensation. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan, which offers a guaranteed match of $0.50 for every $1 you contribute, up to 8% of your eligible pay.
- Career Development: From regular coaching planning, to paid training, licensing, and 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses, we’re dedicated to your continued growth, because we know it leads to continued success.
- Health & Wellness: You’ll have access to comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a host of other insurance and wellness benefits—including progressive parental benefits and support.
WHY LIBERTY MUTUAL?
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Location/Region: Middlebury, CT (06762)