-Activities & Marketing Coordinator-
Part-time 24 Hours week, No Benefits
Organization: A Non-profit Organization serving the blind and visually impaired, Lions Center for the Visually Impaired preserves vision, fosters independence and enhances the quality of life for adults in the East Bay who are blind or at risk for vision loss and serves as a trusted source of information and expertise on blindness in the community. Our services focus on early detection and intervention in order to prevent or slow vision loss from age-related eye disease. We also give older adults in the East Bay the tools and skills they need to maintain their health, independence and quality of life despite vision loss.
Job Summary: Engage with clientele and community (i.e., Contra Costa, Alameda, and Solano counties) around LCVI services. Design, coordinate, manage, and evaluate classes, special events (both on and off-site), Luncheons, socializations, trainings, and conferences. Develop and implement outreach efforts to increase clients’ use of services. Manage internal and external communications including posting on social media, preparing external communications and editing written materials for external audiences. Help coordinate, plan, & execute Special events, capital campaigns, and other fundraising events. Must have transportation, and car insurance. Business related travel mileage reimbursed. Attend weekly staff meetings.
Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED required. Associate and/or Bachelor degree preferred. Food handling certification a plus. 3-5 years experience in outreach, marketing, and event planning. Research, and report writing skills, good verbal, written, and presentation skills. Proficiency with MS Office 365 products. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well under pressure, careful attention to detail, and the treating of personal information with confidentially. Passion and caring for supporting the needs of blind and visually impaired population with the goal of providing the highest quality of care and independence.
· Design, recruit, manage, and evaluate on-site classes, social events, and luncheons that engage LCVI target population
· Conduct community outreach to service geographic population (i.e., Contra Costa, Alameda, Solano County) and expand service area.
· Design recruitment process and recruit volunteers to support needs of LCVI services including teaching classes, office support, attending screening services, and special events. Manage volunteers.
· Collaborate with community organizations for external field trips with clients. Manage event, including transportation arrangement, client log of arrival / departure, event tickets, volunteers, meals, etc.
· Maintain inventory for activity supplies and replenish as needed.
· Manage internal and external communications including posting on social media, (as well as expanding internet presence) preparing external communications and editing written materials for external audiences. Help coordinate, plan, & execute Special events, capital campaigns, and other fundraising events.
· Promote, advertise and market LCVIs facilities for community hall rental and usage. Develop and maintain tracking of facility usage events, including set-up, deposits, payments, and completion review.
· Responsible for monitoring service quality, data collection, and report submittal.
· Identify funding opportunities that support activities and marketing of services for clients.
· Utilizes creativity when introducing crafts, events, activities, etc. in order to provide the best experience for all participants
· Additional duties as assigned; this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities. Activities may change any time with or without notice.
Compensation: The Lions Center for the Visually Impaired will offer a competitive salary of $17-21 per hour. Part-time, 24 hours per week. No Benefits.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume describing your interest, qualifications, and fit with the position “Activities & Marketing Coordinator.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Job Location: Pittsburg, CA
Lions Center for the Visually Impaired is an Equal Opportunity Employer